Thursday, April 19, 2007

Larry Birkhead's Stern defence


Larry Birkhead has defended Anna Nicole Smith's lover Howard K. Stern. The photographer, who was locked in a paternity battle with lawyer Stern for custody of the late Playboy model's daughter Dannielynn, has revealed Stern has been a great help to him since he was revealed to be the biological father. Larry said in an interview with America's OK! magazine: "It seems unlikely, but he's been a great help. He's been with Dannielynn the last several months. He knows her likes and dislikes and things that could help me. He gives me credit when I'm doing good things and gives me tips on things I should do a little different. "People blame him a lot, but Anna had her own mind too. She had a choice and we were arguing and that's what happens. I'm thankful that everyone can get along for Dannielynn. How could you not?" Stern was named as seven-month-old Dannielynn's father on her birth certificate, and tried to evade DNA tests for several months. As well as the custody battle for Dannielynn, Birkhead, Anna Nicole's mother Virgie Arthur and Stern also fought for custody of the actress' body. She has finally been laid to rest in the Bahamas. Arthur is now solely fighting Birkhead, 34, for custody of her granddaughter. He said: "It's puzzling for her to display affection to me and then for the attorneys to say she's going for custody and Larry was just a sperm donor and a one-night stand. "Then they all come and shake my hand. You've gotta scratch your head and say, 'What's going on here?' "I'm willing to listen to see what people want, but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree. I hope I don't have to fight for the baby."

No comments: